CELL SUSPENSION TURBIDITY METER
MODEL : DEN1 / DEN1-B
The Grant Bio DEN-1 is a Compact Bench-top densitometer (suspension turbidity meter) for measuring turbidity of cell suspensions in a variety of life science Applications.
The equipment is designed to measure turbidity in the range of 0.3 to 5.0 McFarland units with a standard deviation of ą0.1.
A wider measurement range - up to 15.0 McFarland units - is available with a higher standard deviation.Features
- Measurement range: 0.3 to 15.0 / 0.0 to 15.0McFarland units.
- Measurement time : 1 second.
- Precision: ą3%.
- Readings, conveniently shown in McFarland units, are clearly visible on the bright LED display.
- Factory calibrated - retains calibration without power supply.
- Can be user calibrated with commercial standards or cell suspensions prepared in the laboratory.
- Designed for tubes with an outer diameter of 18mm. 16 mm tubes can also be accommodated by using the optional tube adaptor D-16.
- Extremely compact design with small footprint and low profile - fits easily into the smallest workspace.
Typical applications include determining concentration of cells (bacterial and yeast cells) in the fermentation process, detecting the susceptibility of microorganisms to antibiotics, identifying microorganisms with various test systems, and measuring optical density at fixed wavelength.Specifications